Monday, August 18, 2008

Del.icio.us

After spending some time looking at this site, I can see that some people will like it.
For library use, tags would be good for patrons to quickly find books of whichever genre they like to read. Sometimes patrons prefer books with a certain type of character or set in a particular country. Perhaps these would be easy to find if they were tagged.
The social bookmarking idea will no doubt go down well with some people, like teachers or members of certain clubs.
Being able to access the bookmarks from anywhere will no doubt be appreciated by some individuals.
However, I still think this sort of thing is for someone who has all day to sit at a computer. Very time consuming. Me - I have other things to do in my day. I have my few trusted sites which I use on the computer for research, and won't be using this at all.

No comments: